- Technical University Cluj Napoca
- The“ Ion Chiricuta” Cancer Institute -Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu Cluj Napoca
- Software Itc Cluj S.A.
Prediction evolution and estimation of treatment response of malignant tumors by morphologic and hemodynamic modeling, using imaging techniques, mathematical and artificial intelligence – ANGIOTUMOR
Project funded by the Ministry of Education and Research Excellence programs CEEX 2006, Program VIASAN – no. 138/2006
| ANGIOTUMOR is a fundamental research project applied clinical character who pursue complex mathematical models and imaging of |
tumor neovascularization using information extracted from clinical practice by ultrasonography (U.S.) for high performance. Research for
this purpose include the latest developments in medical imaging, information and communication technology (ICT), image processing and
data analysis and processing using artificial intelligence systems.
The importance of this project is that it will have immediate application in clinical imaging services and oncology wards and can be used for research and therapeutic efficacy in clinical trials following the various chemotherapeutics.
To fulfill their intended purpose ANGIOTUMOR project has set the following objectives:
Assessment of malignant tumor neovascularization using high performance ultrasound techniques, immunohistochemistry, cell culture,
mathematical modeling, imaging and evolving.
– Analysis of angiogenesis as a method for predicting the development of malignant tumors.
– Development of quantitative models for describing and predicting therapeutic response dynamics of malignant tumors
– The ultimate goal is to generate abstract simulation systems spatial and temporal development of tumor angiogenesis process for:
– Accurate noninvasive diagnosis of disease
– Assess the potential evolutionary and cancer prognosis
– Estimation of treatment response.
Stage I – tumor nodules study and data traffic in experimental angiogenesis, VEGF, current therapies: circulation changes in tumor nodules
treated (anti-VEGF, chemo, radiation).
Step 2 – Set group of patients, 2D/3D cross examination protocols, eco Doppler Angiopower, histogram, morphometry, serology, histology,
immunohistochemistry, tumor cell cultures
Step 3 – modeling and design system components
Step 4 – Improving imaging model year angiotumor genesis. The development of mode improvement of angiogenesis in vitro. Realization
and verification of software components medical deck assisting the research component. Evaluation and optimization of experimental
models (in vitro and imaging) of tumor angiogenesis.