- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu Cluj Napoca
- Babes-Bolyai University
- The“ Ion Chiricuta” Cancer Institute -Comprehensive Cancer Center
- “Raluca Ripan” Institute For Research in Chemistry, Babes-Bolyai University
Improving diagnosis and therapy of bladder cancer in the context of the emergence of new urinary tumor markers, and cytogenetic characterization of minimally invasive therapeutic methods
From the informational website about Vezuvium research project .
Theme design fits into the overall goal of the program CEEX Medicine and innovative technology platform is fully compliant with the specific objectives of the thematic area.
- study on bladder cancer early detection, diagnosis and appropriate therapy for each patient diagnosed in order to decrease mortality from this pathology
- Increase accuracy paraclinical diagnosis of bladder cancer by entering the diagnostic arsenal of new items: urinary tumor markers
- Analysis of concordance between prediction methods known diagnosis – urinary cytology, abdominal ultrasound, urethrorectal-cystoscopy and urinary tumor markers, results were assessed after histological results
- increasing the proportion of cases of bladder cancer diagnosed in the early stages of disease
- Translational research in major diseases by assessing genetic changes in patients with bladder cancer specimens studied histopathological
- the methods curative in patients diagnosed in early stages of disease (transuretrorezectia bladder – TUR-V)
- the methods curative in patients diagnosed in local stages infiltrative disease – classical radical laparoscopic cystectomy, external radiation or dam curieterapia
- the methods palliative surgery in patients in advanced stages of disease – internal and external urinary drainage
- monitoring patients
- Increase the total number of cases of bladder cancer detected
- Introduction to diagnostic protocol methods to increase detection sensitivity disease – urinary tumor markers such as NMP 22, BTA, fibrin degradation products and evaluating engagement risk factors for responsiveness to neoadjuvant therapy / adjuvant by immunohistochemical criteria designed to define genotypic bladder tumors to develop patient oriented strategies from prevention to diagnosis and treatment
- the results obtained in specialized works.
- Promote multidisciplinary research project to understand and correlate medical results in current modern context. Based on the results and partnership achieved to a depth multidisciplinary basic research, clinical research and create the opportunity to continue in future studies proposed in this project thus ensuring internally:
- Developing a network of institutions that can become internal sources of scientific and technical competence in the field of innovative medicine
- Increasing the uptake, implementation and development of knowledge, services and advanced technologies to handle evolution and international competition.
- Applied Research Phase I. Critical analysis of data from the literature, techniques and equipment used. Preliminary research.
- Stage II. Applied research. Selecting and characterizing groups of patients.
- Stage III. Applied research. Monitoring groups of patients and integration of new patients in the study. Preliminary Statistical evaluation of the data obtained.
- Stage IV. Applied research. Reassessment tracking standards oncology patients and correlate data obtained additional information from the study. Investigation of new patients using diagnostic algorithm obtained in previous steps. Statistical evaluation of the data results.
- Stage V. Applied Research. Support activities. Transferring important study results based on the new biological marker introduced in medical practice. Dissemination of results.
- Translating research into clinical practice by implementing the algorithm for the diagnosis of urinary bladder cancer tumor markers
- Create a unique database for evaluating screening strategies in improving early diagnosis of bladder tumors
- scientific communication in the country and abroad, publishing articles in professional journals presenting clinical trial design and highlighting the country’s scientific potential
- contribution to the international recognition of the state of scientific, technical and technological Romania
- publication of results will allow the increase of international cooperation
- attract and support young people through their involvement in this research project
- exploitation of the project results
- reducing medication and health care costs that raising the quality of life
- diversifying the areas of applied research through interdisciplinary scientific collaborations
- increasing the involvement of researchers in areas of great
- use scientific capacity of members of research teams
- new opportunities for participation in research programs representative for the European area.
- Dissemination of results will be made by communication and publishing results in articles in professional journals Romanian and foreign participation in national and international congresses specialized Web page, CD-ROM presentations, brochures, books, conference virtual roundtable common.